AJA’s ColorBox is an innovative product that revolutionizes the way color space conversions are handled in various applications, such as live broadcasts, live events, on-set production, and post-production. This portable, high-performance device offers unparalleled inline algorithmic color transforms and LUT processing capabilities, ensuring exceptional precision and accuracy in color management. The ColorBox sets a new benchmark in the industry, transforming the quality and efficiency of color space conversions.
ColorBox provides versatile HDR and SDR conversion options, empowering DITs to effortlessly load, modify, and store looks, as well as generate reference images for dailies. This ensures consistent color accuracy among all production stakeholders and creative vendors.
As more productions adopt 4K/UltraHD HDR standards, color and LUT management become crucial for achieving desired looks in both live and scripted content. ColorBox is designed to accommodate a variety of look management strategies on-set and in live production settings. It features 12G-SDI in/out and HDMI 2.0 out, supporting up to 4K/UltraHD 60p 10-bit YCbCr 4:2:2 and 30p 12-bit RGB 4:4:4 signals. The device incorporates AJA Color Pipeline (ACP) Mode, a 33-point 3D LUT processor with tetrahedral LUT interpolation, four customizable 1D LUTs, and two 3×3 user-configurable matrices. Additionally, ColorBox users can take advantage of a built-in RGB color corrector and ProcAmp, extensive LUT, matrices and image libraries, robust capture and recall functions, ancillary (ANC) metadata management, and more, all easily controlled through an integrated web browser-based interface.
ColorBox offers five distinct Modes, with one active at any given time:
1. AJA Color Pipeline (ACP)
3. ORION-CONVERT (Optional license – watermarked preview)
4. BBC HLG LUT (Optional license – watermarked preview)
5. NBCU LUT
ColorBox delivers high-density, ultra-low-latency 4K/UltraHD processing in a compact, portable device, boasting a comprehensive suite of SDR/HDR/WCG color transformations for various applications. Its extensive frame capturing capabilities include pre-processed image capture or post-processed output capture for reference stills, featuring overlaid metadata such as video payload IDs, pipeline configuration, and customizable user text. These frame captures can be saved locally and exported to the configuration PC running the web browser-based ColorBox user interface.
ColorBox includes a built-in USB OTG port, allowing users to configure the device wirelessly using a third-party USB WiFi adapter. It also features 12G-SDI and HDMI 2.0 outputs for up to 4K/UHD local monitoring, as well as an additional 12G-SDI loop-through output for connecting unaltered sources to other devices.
ColorBox Key Features:
1. Supports up to 4K/UltraHD 60p 10-bit YCbCr 4:2:2 and 30p 12-bit RGB 4:4:4 signals.
2. 12G-SDI in/out with loop out.
3. HDMI 2.0 output.
4. Five Modes available: AJA Color Pipeline, Colorfront, NBCU, BBC HLG, and ORION-CONVERT.
5. Comprehensive color processing using AJA Color Pipeline: 1D LUTs, 3×3 Matrices, and 3D LUT nodes for image manipulation/correction.
6. Optional licenses for versatile image processing needs, including BBC HLG LUTs and ORION-CONVERT with optimized floating-point processing for greater precision than standard LUT boxes.
7. Lightweight, portable design suitable for desktop use or up to four units in a 1RU rack.
8. User-friendly web browser-based interface with Video Preview for confidence monitoring.
9. 4K/UltraHD Frame Store capture and recall of 16-bit .TIFF, .JPEG, or .PNG files.
10. Robust built-in test pattern generator for easy setup and signal path validation.
11. Comprehensive API/Software Development Kit (SDK) for third-party parameter control.
12. Overlay capability for keying information onto processed outputs for local use or capture with customizable user fields.
13. Ultra-low latency ensures sources remain within the timing window for downstream switchers in live production workflows.
14. HDMI 2.0 output for 4K/UltraHD HDR enables cost-effective monitoring on consumer displays.
15. USB OTG port and third-party WiFi adapter offer wireless access to the web UI when a wired Ethernet connection is unavailable.
16. ANC management with user-defined fields that can be overlaid or embedded in frame store .tiff files.
To learn more about Colorbox, visit www.aja.com/colorbox.
Learn more about AJA Video Systems at www.aja.com.